Senior Development ManagerCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: May 23, 2017
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org
Lead, manage, develop, and expand individual and corporate sponsorship programs that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and increase the Chapter’s revenue. Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, resource team and senior volunteer leadership to increase the revenue of fundraising activities. Ensure that the fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of JDRF grow through increased corporate, involvement. Organize and manage appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs. This position is located in the GREENVILLE, SC office and manages one direct report (special events coordinator), who is also located in that office.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership and committees, identify and cultivate new corporate and individual sponsorship partners for chapter events and for the chapter as a whole.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership and committees, cultivate, steward and develop growth in returning corporate and individual chapter sponsorship partners.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all corporate and individual sponsorship partners.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and volunteer leadership and committees, develop the chapter's major gifts, planned giving, and grant writing programs.
- Assist in identifying and cultivating major donors.
- Maintain standards for all events and non-events programs established at the international level.
- Accountable for meeting deadlines, responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Network with the resource team and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share new ideas.
- Collaborate with chapter staff to ensure the critical growth and success of the chapter.
- Work in partnership with the Special Events Managers and Coordinators.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience.
- 6-10 years of relevant fundraising, business development/sales required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, human behavior and performance, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to drive the sales cycle and execute strategies and manage a robust pipeline.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Understanding of computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Team player whohas the ability to interface with corporate executives, as well as all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships. Capability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements. Familiarity with volunteer/staff partnerships.
- Exceptional management, leadership, and team-building skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Demonstrate competency when handling diversified assignments.
- High capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of organization and people.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills. Exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well disciplined and a self-starter who is extremely resourceful.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by visiting www.jdrf.org/careers Please do a keyword search for IRC31824 to apply or copy and paste the url below.
Please visit www.JDRF.org/careers for all our Career opportunities.
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. No staffing agencies please.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.