Development and Communications DirectorCompany: A Child's Haven
Date Posted: May 26, 2017
Program: A Child’s Haven (ACH)
Job Title: Development & Communications Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Date: May 2017
BACKGROUND: A Child’s Haven treats children with developmental delays as a result of limited resources, abuse, or neglect, and provides support and education for their families. ACH is located 15 minutes outside of downtown Greenville, SC in the Berea Community. 2017 marks ACH’s 25th Anniversary.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development & Communications Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts, to include managing the Community Engagement Specialist who is directly responsible for volunteers, website and social media.
- Develop and execute A Child’s Haven annual fundraising and communications plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other entities.
- Manage the implementation of the donor database and ensure data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee organization’s special events, to include Annual Holiday Benefit Breakfast and partners with community fundraising events such as Synnex Share the Magic.
- Develop and track grant proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Oversee community engagement, which handles volunteer management, website, newsletter and other ongoing communication with the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field with specialized training in Fund Raising Management highly desirable.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and fundraising management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Campus Management Talisma and/or Raiser's Edge a plus.
- Grant writing experience and demonstrated success in achieving foundation awards.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional evenings and/or weekends are required.
- Confidentiality with regard to ACH families and staff.
- A respectful and professional demeanor in public dealings.
- Understands and adheres to federal HIPPA requirements.
- Must pass all required background checks.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Must be able to work in a stationary position greater than 50% of the time;
- Needs to move about the community and work both inside the office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc.;
- May need to lift up to 20 pounds of office or event material occasionally;
- Constantly communicate with visitors and staff;
- While performing the duties of the position, this employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires the ability to use the computer, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend and stand as necessary.
- Submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject line: Development & Communications Director
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisor(s) as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter the At-Will employment status, and the organization reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the organization may deem appropriate.