Development SpecialistCompany: YMCA of Greenville
Date Posted: August 7, 2017
The YMCA of Greenville is a dynamic and rapidly growing association that seeks to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Development Specialist provides leadership to the GHS Family branch in developing and implementing the Philanthropic plan for each. The Development Specialist works directly with the Director of Annual Giving and is a member of the association’s development team.
Working in a team environment, the Development Specialist will provide staff leadership for the branch(es) annual fund raising program. She/he will help each branch to develop and implement the annual fund raising plan and work to accomplish goals therein. While normal working hours are required, this position will occasionally include evening and/or weekend work. Professional attire is required during normal working hours because of frequent meetings with volunteers and staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Development Plan: Prepare and implement a campaign plan for a successful Open Doors campaign consistent with the annual fund raising best practices and association guidelines. Areas of assistance would include calendar, goal setting, organizational charts, thank you plan, volunteer recruitment, donor cultivation/awareness tours, key indices, and benchmarks along the way. Handle all data entry and donor correspondence personally.
- Coaching/Training/Mentoring: Key initiatives would include volunteer development, training, solicitation of donors, and coordination of staff roles in centers served.
- Major Gifts Portfolio: Using the moves management system, oversee the major gifts relations plan as it relates to the Branch Executive, volunteers, and staff, and update weekly. Personally responsible for 10 Major Gift relationships annually.
- Other: Act as Event Coordinator for assigned centers Open Doors events. Provide leadership in grant research and writing. Prepare and assist in the preparation of foundation and other grant requests. Assist with new center development and capital planning when the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in sales, marketing, and/or fund raising experience to include major gifts, with preference given to fund-raising experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and to meet deadlines, goals, and budgets are keys to success.
- The specialist must be well organized, detail oriented, and computer literate – preferably with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The specialist must be committed to the mission of the YMCA.