Development OfficerCompany: Roper Mountain Science Center
Date Posted: October 3, 2017
The Development Officer position, working with and through the RMSC Director and the RMSC Association, plays an integral role in ensuring the long-term sustainability of the Science Center by planning, coordinating, leading, and evaluating a comprehensive fundraising and community relations effort.
- Proven experience building community partnerships
- Strong commitment to student education, customer service and creative problem solving
- Proven track record in leadership towards fundraising
- Knowledge of STEM education helpful
- Well organized with experience in a fast-paced position that requires multi-tasking
- Dedication to the mission, vision, and brand of Roper Mountain.
- Work with leadership to identify funding needs, funding targets, and approaches to obtaining the resources needed to reach the goals outlined in the Roper Mountain strategic plan
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive fundraising program that includes efforts directed to individuals, corporations, foundations, and granting agencies.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key constituencies including Board members, volunteers, donors, corporations and community leaders. Work with staff to identify current and potential supporters.
- Research, prepare and submit grant and foundation proposals, acknowledgement correspondence and reports required by granting agencies; monitor and ensure timely reporting.
- Develop and implement strategies for sponsorships, partnerships and major gifts.
- Assist with annual fundraising event designed to raise operating income and community awareness.
- Enhance the Center’s positive presence in the community and grow its visibility and value in the eyes of government, business and industry through presentations, providing tours and other means.
- Ensure integrity of data with appropriate record keeping and use of donor database
- Other duties as assigned
Part-time; 12 months; 20-28 hours per week; $30/hour; retirement benefits only
To apply for this position please send your letter of interest and resume to Lisa Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.