Fund Development & Marketing DirectorCompany: Urban League of the Upstate
Date Posted: October 5, 2017
Position Summary: Responsible for development, fundraising, membership, and marketing activities supporting Urban League branding, operations, and programs.
Development and Membership
- Establish and maintain positive donor relations, including prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship.
- Research, target, and solicit foundations and other grant giving organizations.
- Develop and write major grant requests and reports.
- Create and engage an annual giving campaign.
- Manage the membership program including member attainment, tracking, engagement, and renewal.
- Conduct prospect research, target, and solicit corporations and businesses for membership, donations, and event sponsorships.
- Work with the Development Committee Chair and committee to meet goals and objectives.
- Generate, facilitate, and implement annual marketing, public relations, and media plans.
- Create and manage external communications (editorials, press releases, collateral and marketing materials).
- Manage the Urban League brand, website and social media presence.
- Lead planning and execution of large annual events and activities.
- Assist with public speaking and community engagement opportunities.
Planning and Evaluation
- Assist President/CEO in developing strategies to grow annual revenue, build membership, and enhance community support.
- Collaborate with President/CEO to develop and update the annual development plan to include the membership campaign, individual, foundation and corporate giving, and special events.
- Monitor achievement of objectives against established goals and make adjustments to activities to achieve annual development targets.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years development, fundraising, and community relations experience required.
- Grant writing and proven success required
- The ideal candidate will be motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, organized, and able to effectively manage others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer and social media skills required.
Salary Range: Based on experience
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Urban League of the Upstate, Inc., 15 Regency Hill Drive, Greenville, SC 29607 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.