Advancement Communications SpecialistCompany: Sherman College of Chiropractic
Date Posted: November 22, 2017
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for a position of Advancement Communications Specialist. The following job description lists the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Position Title: Advancement Communications Specialist
Department: Development and Institutional Advancement
Reports To: Sr. Director of Institutional Advancement and Public Relations
FLSA Status Level III (Non-Exempt)
The Advancement Communications Specialist supports the data entry needs of the Division of Institutional Advancement. Responsible for the accurate and timely input of donations and information into the database for fundraising and relationship management including thanking donors and donor stewardship. Supports Division’s marketing, communications and outreach efforts. Assists with other departmental administrative tasks as needed.
- Enter donations, contacts and activity for donations into DonorPerfect
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to donors
- Coordinate with division to ensure accurate and timely systems, to determine best ways to enter and track data
- Ensure accuracy of data such as address, dates, contact number(s), payments, donations and pledges
- Enter data from various sources such as attendance logs, call logs, donation reports, and lists
- Assist with social media, graphic design and photography (Preferred)
- Assist with maintaining website content to reflect current division information
- Support event planning and coordination
- Perform general clerical duties as needed
- Lend Enthusiastic support to the college policies and to fellow co-workers particularly in the presence of students
- Participate in the annual Lyceum program
- To fulfill other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Institutional Advancement and Public Relations
- To demonstrate commitment to the mission of Sherman College, support the President and all Presidential Initiatives
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Associate’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to keep documents and files organized for data entry projects
- Computer skills including experience with spreadsheets, word processing, and data entry
Preferred knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- Previous college work experience
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee works in a controlled work environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal. Ability to travel after traditional work hours or during weekends as needed.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.