Fund Development ManagerCompany: St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic
Date Posted: December 5, 2017
St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic in Spartanburg, SC has an immediate opening for a Fund Development Manager. Please submit resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
JOB DESCRIPTION: FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Fund Development Manager in collaboration with the Board of Directors Fund Development Committee and Executive Director of St. Luke’s Free Medical Clinic (SLFMC) will be responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising/marketing strategy for SLFMC. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Fund Development will be responsible for working towards achieving the Clinic’s fundraising goals and engaging new donors. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of SLFMC’s Network to ensure meeting site revenue goals.
- Designs, implements and manages all agency fundraising activities including annual giving, major gifts, endowment and capital campaigns, fundraising events and other agency related solicitations.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
- Develops a comprehensive planned giving program as the need becomes appropriate.
Board of Directors
- Works with the Fund Development Committee of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Develops fundraising training for board members and other leadership volunteers.
- Assumes responsibility for all development reports to the Executive Director to report to the Board of Directors and other agencies, and board meetings as requested.
- Assists the Board with recommending and researching potential new major donors.
Fund Development Office Infrastructure
- Maintains office systems to support all development projects and operations
- Supervises donor and gift record-keeping
- Coordinates development research activities
- Oversees the management of databases and all records, files and gift processing.
- Manages acknowledgement of all gifts to donors
- Manages and maintains the donor database
- Ensures all donors are kept up to date with SLFMC activities and events
- Organizes a yearly donor appreciation event
- 5 years professional fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in designing and managing development and donor relations programs
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Familiarity with and belief in the mission, vision and values of SLFMC.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Must be in good physical condition and must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to respond calmly and efficiently in crisis situations.
- Must be able to lift or move patients and equipment as needed
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to sit and view computer monitor for extended period of time.
- Must have extensive critical thinking, judgment, and organizational skills
- Must have manual dexterity, good eye/hand coordination and acceptable vision and hearing needed in daily work
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and effectively.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, the public and other agencies.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED