Director of DevelopmentCompany: Greenville Center for Creative Arts
Date Posted: December 20, 2017
Development Director will be required to walk and move about work location on foot, and work will include periods of standing, sitting, and use of stairs as needed. May be required to lift and/or move items of moderate weight as needed. General work hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Monthly First Fridays, Artisphere and Open Studios Events are required by all staff.
QUALIFICATIONS:● Must be an Ambassador for the mission of Greenville Center for Creative Arts● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details● A minimum of 7 years experience in fundraising techniques, particularly capital campaignfundraising.● Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls● Possess the skills to work with and motivate board members, staff and other volunteers● Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence,self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability● Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting inmeasurable successes and program growth● Strong ability to think ahead with an ability to assess and communicate the status of multipleprojects, anticipate problems, and resolve issues, maintain a flexible attitude and exercisemature, commonsense judgment to ensure goals are met in a timely manner● Experience with MAC hardware, cloud based CRM technology, Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite, integrated calendar, project management● Background check is required● A bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
1. In collaboration with the Board of Directors and Executive Director, direct and manage the three-part Comprehensive Campaign for GCCA: Annual, Capital and Endowment
a. Research, Cultivate, Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis toestablish effective communications and build relationships with them.
b. Expand a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
c. Create and build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such asbequest expectancies.
2. In collaboration with the executive team, manage the annual fund program, includingmailings, annual fundraising events and benefits
3. In collaboration with the the executive team, manage the membership program, includingmailings, membership events and benefits
4. In collaboration with the executive team, manage the annual corporate sponsorships,including identify and solicit, sponsorship logo placement and benefits
5. In collaboration with the executive team, oversee grant procurement process includingresearch, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
6. Coordinate fundraising special events including semi-monthly non-ask events
7. Maintain and expand gift recognition programs
8. Interact with confidential fundraising database and utilize tracking systems
9. In collaboration with the Executive Director, serve as staff liaison to Board DevelopmentCommittee meetings and Campaign Committee Meetings and to provide follow-up materials
10. Drive the creation of marketing and publications to support fundraising activities
11. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the ArtCenter with the community
12. Participation required in Art Center related community events not limited to monthly FirstFridays, Artisphere Kidsphere Tent and Greenville Open Studios.
13. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
14. Perform other related duties as requested
SALARY/BENEFITS:• Benefits package includes health insurance reimbursement and 401K plan• Paid time off• Candidate should be available to start in the near future
APPLICATION:Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.artcentergreenville.org/employment and submit a cover letter and resume.